Monday 22 July 2013

Who Is Paige?


WHO AM I? THAT'S THE MAIN QUESTION ON PAIGE'S MIND!
FIND OUT MORE.  READ THIS EXCERPT FROM THE FOREVER ONES
"Who are my parents?  The Iduna Corp call them mother donor and father donor.  I have holograms of them in my bedroom and a mini-bio about them. Everyone in the compound has their own.
       Every morning when I wake up I lie in bed and study them – miniature little 3-D figures made of light.  Hilda, the woman who donated my egg was a Swedish circus aerialist.  She’s dressed in a sparkly body suit with nude mesh tights, pink ballet shoes and her platinum hair is scraped into a tight bun studded with silver jewels.  I watch her little routine – hands on hips, feet turned out in ballerina pose, then arms raised up into the sky as she does a perfect flip, lands on her feet and bows – a beaming smile directed to an absent audience. 
Johnny, my donor father, was an American writer who obliged with the sperm.  He has a kind of hunched stance – hands shoved in the pocket of black leather jacket, three earrings in one ear, dreadlocks sprouting in thick waves from his head and a very pouty mouth.  His hologram doesn’t do anything much except stand there looking cool and squinting at some long-lost videographer.  He does say something though and I’ve listened to it over and over again.  In laid back growl he says, “That time ticks on is inescapable.” It sort of makes sense but it’s puzzling, especially since time means nothing to me.
The scientists at IDunaCorp incubated Hilda’s fertilized egg and engineered it with Forever serum and bingo, I - Paige was born – a perfect specimen of immortality with platinum hair, one blue eye and a contortionist’s body (from Hilda), honey coloured skin, one brown eye and a wild imagination (from Johnny).  People say I’m very exotic looking but I can’t see it myself.  They also say I’m a dreamer – always tuning out into crazy daydreams – even in the middle of a conversation."

EXCITING NEWS!  Reviews of THE FOREVER ONES will be appearing later this week.  I'll keep you posted when they do.
Don't forget to order your copy from Amazon.  Available in paperback and Kindle at:

1 comment: