Thursday 10 December 2015

THE FINAL CHAPTER IS HERE!!

I'm so happy to announce that the final instalment of The Iduna Project is available now on Amazon.com and all other Amazon stores.
It's been two years since I started this journey with Paige, Chale, Junius and all the other characters who've slipped in and out of the action. Some have returned and - sad to say - others didn't for various reasons.
I originally came up with the idea after reading an article about some research studies on the prevention of ageing. I realized then that there were no Young Adult books dealing with this topic and yet it's our young people today who may see this research pushed to the forefront of scientific discovery.
What did I learn from writing these books? Well - I learned that living forever might be a much more complex idea than we realize. First, the unrest resulting from a discovery of this type would be almost catastrophic as corporations, government and even criminal organizations fight to control it. Second, the reality of living forever has its advantages and drawbacks as Paige soon discovers. It would take a great deal of mental strength to keep going.
I guess I can say the main thing I learned is this - as Emily Dickinson so eloquently says:Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality.


As human beings, our need for love and freedom and belonging outweighs anything else in our lives and as Lynette, Paige's beloved mother surrogate tells Paige: “Your love for me is my immortality, Paige. That’s how I’ll live forever. The rest is just vanity.”
So, does Paige find her freedom? Does she meet her father? Does she find happiness with someone? And who is that someone?
I guess you'll have to read THE FEEDERS to find out!!
The paperback version will be out in a couple of weeks!! There are two versions of the cover. Check out one below (just ignore the Shutterstock logo for now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment