Tuesday 22 October 2013

Big Success for Paige!!Amazon bestseller!



When you're an indie author, part of your daily ritual involves checking your book sales. Amazon also ranks you in various categories according to how well your book is doing. I didn't pay much attention to this at first since I was getting rankings like 225,000th in the Kindle store and 1,000, 569 in all books.
But I can truly say that persistence pays off. With the help of enthusiastic reader reviews, connecting with really supportive people in the indie author world and some Facebooking, Tweeting, blogging etc. I was blown away when I glanced at my ranking today to see that THE FOREVER ONES is ranked at #19 in the Kindle store for Teen/children's Sci-fi Dystopian novels.
Now this ranking changes hourly and when you click on the above link my ranking may have changed but I just want to savour this moment of glory for the duration of this blog!!!
What does this ranking mean? It means that Amazon puts more effort into promoting you. After all, if you're successful, they are too.
So it seems that the character of Paige, the plucky daydreamer with a burning sense of curiosity, has resonated with readers. I'm working on the second volume now. So I'll keep you posted on expected date of publication.

2 comments: